Jay D’s Cast Iron Pork BakePrep time: 30 minutes - Cook time: 1 hr - Serves: 4
Food Network Star Jay Ducote has created a cookbook with over 150 fun and easy recipes. From crawfish hushpuppies to loaded barbecue cheese fries, “Jay Ducote’s Louisiana Outdoor Cooking” conveys a passion for the cultures, foods, and flavors of south Louisiana in one place.
- 2 Tbs Smoked Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs of a sweet & spicy rub
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb.
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rub pork tenderloin with 1 Tbs of smoked olive oil and 1 Tbs of a sweet and spicy rub. Sear on all sides in a cast iron pan and set aside.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with 1 Tbs of smoked olive oil and 1 Tbs of a sweet and spicy rub and sear in the same pan on all sides.
- Add seared tenderloin on top of Brussels sprouts. Bake in cast iron pan for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF.